San Francisco Auto Injury Symptoms
Over the years, we've treated many patients with auto injury pain in our San Francisco, CA clinic. Chiropractic adjustments are the optimal approach to these kinds of problems, and some research shows that approximately 90% of patients show improvement after a whiplash injury when getting chiropractic.
A car crash subjects your body to rapid, violent movement that it isn't designed to deal with. Because of the severe stresses you're subjected to, the ligaments, tendons, nerve fibers, and muscle tissue of the body can be strained, sprained, or torn during a collision. This can give rise to chronic pain and disability if not treated promptly.
From our practical experience and success treating auto injury cases, we've seen these common signs and symptoms in our patients:
- Headache - Almost every auto injury patient in our office reports headache, and this can have a wide range of causes, depending on the type of injury you had.
- Back problems - Another common problem in adults and particularly after a car crash.
- Neck aches and pains - Your neck is one of the most sensitive parts of your whole body in a car crash, and it can very easily be injured. In fact, most symptoms that arise after a wreck can be specifically linked to injury of the neck.
- Shoulder pain - Your shoulder joint can be damaged by the seatbelt, the forces on your arm during a collision, or can be a secondary symptom triggered by neck injury.
- TMJ pain - Jaw problems (or TMJ pain) are still another frequent condition we see in our San Francisco, CA clinic, and can be challenging to diagnose. In some cases TMJ pain doesn't manifest for weeks or months after your injury.
- Radicular pain - Radiating pain can be confirmed by numbness or tingling in your arms, hands, or legs, and many auto injury patients report this symptom.
- Dizziness or Vertigo - This is a complex symptom that can also have a variety of causes. In most instances, we find that neck injury is the primary source of this problem.
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome - This is another symptom triggered by damage to your neck during a collision.
If you're dealing with any of these signs and symptoms after an accident, give our office a call. It's important for you to know that you don't have to suffer! Chiropractic care is a safe, effective, and non-invasive method that really works for these types of accidents.
If you've been injured fairly recently, it's essential that you seek care promptly. With no treatment injuries can result in reduced mobility and the development of scar tissue, and that can lead to chronic pain and disability. Studies show that early, gentle mobilization of the injured tissues can speed recovery and reduce the risk of chronic problems.
Our office is conveniently located in San Francisco, CA, and we would love to help you get back on the road to recovery. Give us a call today at (415) 308-7636 for an appointment.